Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Who Is This Person Looking Back At Me?

I look in the mirror and I think who is that? Where Did THAT person come from? I type this and tears well up in my eyes. I hate what I see. I remember a pretty girl, where did she go? In a way it seems like yesterday when I was that girl.But it has been years. 10 almost. When I look in the mirror I see a worn fat lady. One that is growing older, one that no one would take a second glance at except for maybe to say she needs to lose weight. I am embarrassed. I am ashamed. I hate seeing relatives, I feel they are all whispering behind my back "My God what has she done to herself?? I feel like I let my family down. I want Brandon to be proud of his wife. I want to be pretty for him. I want to live for my kids. I want to have energy to chase and play with them. This mommy is tired all of the time. I don't want my kids to be ashamed for me to show up at their school. And most of all I want to see them get married and have families of their own
You would think with all this shame I feel I could get it together. I WANT to look good so why do I keep eating? As far back as I can remember I have fought the weight battle. I was a fat kid but then thinned out in high school, still thinking I was fat. I was crazy. I started really picking weight up after my marriage to my first husband was beginning to unravel. I ran to food for comfort. I love the comfort I feel from it for a few moments. Then its gone and I go back to it. It's like a drug. I feel like it is a friend in that moment but know in my heart Food is my enemy. I must do something. I must get rid of this weight but how, how can I do it? I fail every time and failing is not something I like at all.

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel running to food it is a drug and I am trying to kick the habit. I am glad that you have been inspired to write a blog. There are so many things I want to write about but I am trying to keep it upbeat for my family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand all to well how you can medicate yourself with food. It's not easy to change that habit, but you can do it. Success is standing up one more time then you fall down. Keep trudging away at this and you will meet your goal!! So glad you decided to write about this too, that in itself can be very helpful! :D

    ReplyDelete